There are many reasons to continue learning. Getting a raise, sharpening your existing skills or even finding deeper fulfillment. Whatever your reason, one of the best ways software developers can achieve their goals is to learn new programming languages!
This presentation will describe a methodology that has helped me learn more than 60 programming languages over the years, and will help you gain competency in many concepts from lexical scoping and encapsulation to currying and monads. We will cover most of the core concepts that will accelerate your ability to learn almost any programming language!
- Kansas City Developer Conference 2014 (2014-05-15)
- Iowa Code Camp, Fall 2013 (2013-11-2)
- University of Illinois Web Conference 2014 (2014-04-28)
- Why you need to learn more languages
- How to approach learning a new language quickly
- Core concepts in procedural languages
- Core concepts in object oriented languages
- Core concepts in functional languages
- Core concepts in logical languages